Manage the day-to-day operations of the Commercial Lines Department and lead the team to meet growth and retention initiatives of the agency. Ensure the ongoing service needs of commercial lines clients are met. Internally, act as a technical resource for coverage issues as needed, manage the balance and distribution of workload within the department and help improve efficiencies in workflows.
- Create an open, collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- Ensure that departmental objectives are in alignment with overall business strategies and objectives. Monitor department retention, growth, and service results.
- Hire talent and engage in the training, development, and performance of the commercial lines team.
- Motivate and train Commercial Lines staff to cross sell and account round their book of accounts.
- Drive process improvement to ensure efficient, consistent, and excellent client service.
- Facilitate regular department meetings; be a resource for technical expertise and coverage issues.
- Participate in carrier meetings to keep current on appetite, insurance offerings and programs.
- Oversee claims team to make sure client needs are met.
- Manage a small book of complex accounts.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience with broad knowledge and understanding of commercial lines coverage and markets.
- Prior high level leadership responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organized and able to prioritize workflow to completion of tasks.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to make sure service needs are met.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail and creativity valued as key attributes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in working with AMS360 a plus
- Property & Casualty license required.
- Possession of, or in pursuit of, professional insurance designations a plus.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for experienced professionals and solid training for motivated individuals providing a pathway to career development and success.
IMA offers a competitive salary & benefit package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to email@example.com.
We are a well established insurance agency with offices in Worcester and Burlington. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.