Manage the day-to-day operations of the Personal Lines department and lead the team to meet growth and retention initiatives of the agency. Ensure the ongoing service needs of personal lines clients are met. Internally, act as a technical resource for coverage issues as needed, manage the balance and distribution of workload within the department and help improve efficiencies in workflows. In addition to management duties, manage and control a book of high net worth/private client group of clients.
- Create an open, collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- Ensure that departmental objectives are in alignment with overall business strategies and objectives. Monitor department retention, growth, and service results.
- Hire talent and engage in the training, development, and performance of the personal lines team.
- Motivate and train personal lines staff to cross sell and account round their book of accounts.
- Drive process improvement to ensure efficient, consistent, and excellent client service.
- Facilitate regular department meetings; be a resource for technical expertise and coverage issues.
- Participate in carrier meetings to keep current on appetite, insurance offerings and programs.
- Work alongside claims team to make sure client needs are met.
- Manage a book of complex accounts focused on the High Net Worth/Private Client Group space.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Property & Casualty license required.
- Professional Insurance designations a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of personal insurance experience with broad knowledge and understanding of personal lines coverage and markets.
- Proven experience in the High Net Worth/Private Client Group environment.
- Prior high level leadership responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Well organized and able to prioritize workflow to completion of tasks.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to make sure service needs are met.
- Analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail and creativity valued as key attributes.
- Proficient in AMS360 and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for experienced professionals and solid training for motivated individuals providing a pathway to career development and success.
IMA offers a competitive salary & benefit package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a well established insurance agency with offices in Worcester and Burlington. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.