An outstanding opportunity to assume this impactful role at IMA. The role of Marketing Executive works closely with our sales team to turn prospects into long-term, satisfied clients. This highly visible position helps drive agency growth through negotiation and placement of new commercial insurance business. May work with Account Executives on remarketed renewals as needed.
The Marketing Executive role requires an outgoing personality and a demeanor that instills trust and confidence. Strong technical skills, market knowledge and carrier relationships are a must. Creativity, clear communication, and the ability to multi-task are considered essential skills for success.
IMA is a family owned and operated high end commercial insurance agency that puts people first. We empower our staff of insurance professionals to conduct business with clients in a way that is human, honest, transparent, friendly, supportive, and mutually rewarding. We also like to have fun. If this sounds appealing to you and you would like to hear more, please email us your resume.
- Contribute to the Agency’s production goals through new account placements.
- Evaluate risk and ensure placement of business with the appropriate coverage and carriers.
- Complete submissions accurately and timely for presentation to carriers.
- Negotiate coverage & pricing.
- Review all quotes for accuracy and to make sure coverage aligns with clients’ needs.
- Provide proposals and coverage comparisons in advance of effective dates.
- Participate in carrier meetings to keep current on appetite, insurance offerings and programs.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and marketplace changes to help maintain a competitive status for the agency.
- Occasional client travel may be required.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial insurance experience
- Property & Casualty license required (or willingness to obtain)
- Possession of, or in pursuit of, professional insurance designations a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial underwriting and coverage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Positive relationships and ability to negotiate with key carriers
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and a team player
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize workflow to ensure completion of all tasks
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to culture of teamwork and cooperation
- Knowledge of carrier rating systems
- Creativity valued as a key attribute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in working with AMS360 a plus
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for experienced professionals and solid training for motivated individuals providing a pathway to career development and success.
IMA offers a competitive salary & benefit package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to email@example.com.
We are a well established insurance agency with offices in Worcester and Burlington. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.