Commercial Insurance Account Executive - Small Business Unit
We are seeking a highly motivated, sales minded Account Executive for our Small Business Unit.
Responsible for retention and service of an assigned book of Small Business Commercial Lines accounts. Manage client relationships on a day-to-day basis, acting as a trusted resource to clients. Ensure a smooth renewal, making sure coverage needs are met and delivered to clients in a timely manner.
This role directly contributes to key business outcomes including client retention and client satisfaction.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of an assigned book of small business accounts, including policy changes, invoicing and coverage review.
- Maintain appropriate coverage for small business clients; identify gaps and offer solutions.
- Provide prompt, accurate feedback to client inquiries.
- Understand clients’ operations and provide coverage advice and solutions for changing needs.
- Facilitate the renewal process by gathering information, securing renewals, and providing terms to the clients in advance of the effective date.
- Remarketing as needed, including online rating and/or completing and submitting applications.
- Build strong, positive working relationships with clients, carriers, and members of the IMA team.
- Contribute to the Agency’s growth through account rounding, cross selling and upselling within the existing book of business.
- Follow established workflows and maintain accurate records.
Required skills and qualifications:
Minimum 3 years’ commercial insurance experience
Property & Casualty license required (or willingness to obtain)
- Possession of, or in pursuit of, professional insurance designations a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial underwriting and coverage
- Knowledge of carrier rating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and a team player
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize workflow to ensure completion of all tasks
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to culture of teamwork and cooperation
- Creativity valued as a key attribute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in working with AMS360 a plus
Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for experienced professionals and solid training for motivated individuals providing a pathway to career development and success.
IMA offers a competitive salary & benefit package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a well established insurance agency with offices in Worcester and Burlington. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.